To contact any of the above people by e-mail, please click on their name.
All members of the community are invited to share the gifts of music with the assembly gathered for weekend liturgies and other special services. The time commitment for the CGS Choir is approximately 1 ½ - 2 ½ hours weeknight rehearsal plus l hour rehearsal before the liturgy and the liturgy itself. All musical groups are on a rotating Mass schedule.
Call Ken Morrison at 281.376.6831 for further information.
ACCOMPANISTS - Instrumentalists who lead the assembly in their musical role at liturgies or special services.
CANTORS - Singers who lead the assembly in musical prayer at liturgies and special services. Training is both provided and required.
CHILDREN'S CHOIR/JUNIOR HIGH - Open to all children in grades 1 - 8. Group usually meets for practice one week before they are scheduled to sing. All times for practices and Masses are announced in the bulletin in advance. Led by Anita Craig.
CORO EN ESPAÑOL
- meets on Thursday evenings at 7:30PM and Sundays at 1:00 PM to practice for the 2:00 PM Liturgy in Spanish. All are welcome to join, but bilingual skills are helpful. Led by Jesse Reyes.
FUNERAL / DAYTIME CHOIR
- Acts as musical representatives of the community during funeral services. Rehearsals are on an “as needed” basis, usually just before the service.
- Meets on Tuesday afternoons from 4:30 - 6:00. Beginners/new members are always welcomed.
- High School and College age Youth musicians.
CGS YOUTH ORCHESTRA
- Junior High and High School string, brass and woodwind players who work directly with Carol Wilson.
- Meets Wednesday evenings at 7:30 in the Music Room. SATB Music and all styles of instrumentation welcome.
*There are additional needs for all types of musical instruments (flute, oboe, trumpet, etc.) in most all situations. Please call the Music Office listed above for information.