For anyone not familiar with the Interfaith Hospitality Network Program, we turn our parish into a "temporary home" for families in transition. Fourteen area congregations rotate the one-week hosting duties, with the help from five support churches.
While at CGS, we provide the families with fellowship, shelter and healthy meals - affording our parish family many opportunities to serve others. Please check the bulletin for service needs and contacts.
This is a great opportunity for families to be involved in making a difference in other's lives.
Below is a list of opportunities for all CGS parishioners.
For more information contact the scheduling coordinator:
· Unloading truck of belongings & set up Sun. 12 noon
· Loading truck with belongings & general clean-up Sun at 7:30 a.m.
· Evening Host – every evening from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
· Overnight Host – openings every evening from 8:30 p.m. to 7 a.m.
· Teens can help in evenings between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.
· Prepare or purchase one dish for evening meal.
· Help set-up, serve, or clean-up for evening meal
· Openings available every evening beginning at 5:00 p.m.
· Donate food items for breakfast and lunches
For more information and/or a list of items needed contact the IHN coordinator:
Cash donations are appreciated to buy supplies or you may purchase directly any needed supplies such as diapers, etc.
The mission of IHN is striving to assist homeless families to become independent while providing shelter through the support of area churches.
Our goal is to serve in a spirit of humility and charity and to enable people toward independence in living while respecting racial, cultural and religious differences.
We believe that as a community of God, we respect the dignity of one another, as together we strive for excellence in addressing concerns of people in need.