And the work of righteousness
will be peace,
And the service of righteousness,
Social Justice Education and Advocacy is that portion of Social Ministry that promotes the social teachings of the Church and calls the Community to an active and faith-filled response to injustice and the needs of poor and vulnerable persons. It (Social Justice Education and Advocacy) involves study, organization, dialogue, collaboration, "speaking out" and "taking action."
Opportunities to participate include:
• Legislative Network - Write and/or visit elected officials regarding local, state, and national
• Restorative Justice - Participate in the organization of a local chapter to promote the healing
of wounds caused by criminal behavior: wounds of the victims and their families, wounds of
the perpetrators and their families, and wounds of the community at large.
• Participate in a study group.
• Attend conferences, seminars and other educations opportunities.
• Meet with Social Service providers to promote effective Social Service Delivery.
This network is a resource for the active Catholic who seeks to follow the encyclicals on Social Justice by involvement in the national, state, and local dialogue and law-making. Issues include hunger, poverty, aging, homelessness, health care, protecting children, capital punishment, immigration, housing, and health care.