Is the Holy Spirit calling you?
We are blessed and privileged to help prepare you for full initiation into the Catholic Church through the sacrament of Confirmation. This preparation is offered to help lead you to a more intimate union with Christ, and a more lively familiarity with the Holy Spirit, his actions and his gifts.
Adult Confirmation preparation sessions are offered once a year, in the spring, with the celebration of the sacrament scheduled on Pentecost weekend. Exact dates to be determined each year.
CGS follows Archdiocesan Guidelines in preparing our candidates for Confirmation.
"Each baptized Catholic has the right and the responsibility to personally choose to complete initiation into the faith life of the Church."
The Adult Confirmation candidate may request the Sacrament if he/she:
Sponsors represent in a personal way the witness and support of the parish community.
- is at least 18 years old and out of high school
- is validly baptized, (a copy of baptismal certificate is required), and able to renew baptismal promises
- if married, is in a valid marriage
- is not living in a way contrary to the moral teachings of the Church
- exhibits an active faith life, has received the most holy sacrament of Eucharist, and participates in the weekly Sunday Eucharist
- is willing to commit to active involvement in the parish Confirmation catechesis
If you would like to begin preparation for this sacrament, please contact the parish office at any time throughout the year, and the Confirmation Coordinator will contact you to set up an interview.
- They should be mature persons of faith who believe their faith makes a difference in their lives.
- must be a Catholic who has been confirmed and has received the sacrament of Eucharist, and leads a life of faith. (If married, marriage must be recognized by the Catholic Church as valid).
- may not be the mother or father of the one to be confirmed. It is desirable, ( but not required), to chose as sponsor the one who undertook the same function in baptism.